Chaffey College Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment and High School Partnership-
Students can start their college journey while in high school by attending Chaffey College courses. This means you are enrolled as BOTH a college student and a high school student at the same time.
Chaffey College offers two programs:
- High School Partnership (HSP)
- Free tuition, books, and fees
- Limited course offerings (approximately 30 courses)
- Asynchronous and online courses
- Chaffey College registers students for courses after counselor approval
- Dual Enrollment (non-HSP)
- Free tuition, students pay for books and fees
- More catalog courses offerings on the Chaffey College campus or online
- Students register for courses on their own after counselor approval
For both options, students will complete an e-Agreement form with their high school counselor.
Benefits of taking Chaffey College Courses
- Tuition is free.
- Students can earn high school and college credit at the same time.
(1 college unit = 2.5 high school credits in the Chaffey Joint Union HIgh School District)
- Honors points are added to a student’s gpa by the UC/CSU when applying.
- Less time is required after high school to finish a college degree.
- Taking college courses in high school demonstrates readiness for college curriculum, similar to the Advanced Placement (AP) program.
- Research shows that dual enrollment students are more likely to graduate from high school and go on to earn a college degree.
- Grades earned become part of the student’s permanent college transcript.
- Students may explore fields of study that help them choose a major or career path.
- Students may choose from classes not currently available at their high school.
Eligibility and Restrictions
To be eligible for dual enrollment, students must:
- be in the 9th through 12th grade;
- enroll in up to 11 units for Fall and Spring and 6 units in Summer.
- Please Note: Students who choose to register for 12 or more units will be responsible for payment of all tuition, books, and fees.
Ready to take a Chaffey College Class?
The first step is to apply to get your Chaffey College ID.
Apply for student ID number at:
- Create a CCC account.
- Sign into CCC account and apply to Chaffey College.
- Within 72 hrs. of applying (3 business days) you will receive an email with your Chaffey College student ID number.
When you have received your 7-digit Chaffey College ID number, contact your counselor to discuss courses and complete the e-Agreement form.
Chaffey College Liaisons
For more information, please contact the counselor liaison at your high school.
|Alta Loma High School||Jacy Carbone|
|Chaffey High School||Jose Rangel|
|Chaffey District Online High School||Adrienne Pacheco|
|Colony High School||Marco Annecchini|
|Etiwanda High School||Cris Parker|
|Los Osos High School||TBA|
|Montclair High School||Alice Cornejo|
|Ontario High School||Tanya Berumen|
|Rancho Cucamonga High School||Concetta Aguilera|
|Valley View High School||Adrienne Pacheco|