Chaffey College Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment and High School Partnership-
Students can start their college journey while in high school by attending Chaffey College courses. This means you are enrolled as BOTH a college student and a high school student at the same time.
Chaffey College offers two programs:
- Free tuition, books, and fees
- Limited course offerings (approximately 30 courses)
- Asynchronous and online courses
- Chaffey College registers students for courses after counselor approval
- Free tuition, students pay for books and fees
- More catalog courses offerings on the Chaffey College campus or online
- Students register for courses on their own after counselor approval
For both options, students will complete an e-Agreement form with their high school counselor.
Benefits of taking Chaffey College Courses
- Tuition is free.
- Students can earn high school and college credit at the same time.
(1 college unit = 2.5 high school credits in the Chaffey Joint Union High School District)
- Honors points are added to a student’s gpa by the UC/CSU when applying.
- Less time is required after high school to finish a college degree.
- Taking college courses in high school demonstrates readiness for college curriculum, similar to the Advanced Placement (AP) program.
- Research shows that dual enrollment students are more likely to graduate from high school and go on to earn a college degree.
- Grades earned become part of the student’s permanent college transcript.
- Students may explore fields of study that help them choose a major or career path.
- Students may choose from classes not currently available at their high school.
Eligibility and Restrictions
- be in the 9th through 12th grade;
- enroll in up to 11 units for Fall and Spring and 6 units in Summer.
- Please Note: Students who choose to register for 12 or more units will be responsible for payment of all tuition, books, and fees.
Ready to take a Chaffey College Class?
To get started you need to apply to Chaffey College to receive a Chaffey ID.
Here are some resources to assist students, including information on how to apply to Chaffey College and dates for upcoming information sessions.
Chaffey College Liaisons
For more information, please contact Joshua Kirk, Director of College Readiness and Access at [email protected].
|Alta Loma High School||Jacy Carbone|
|Chaffey High School||Jose Rangel|
|Chaffey District Online High School||Adrienne Pacheco|
|Colony High School||Elizabeth Gomez|
|Etiwanda High School||Cris Parker|
|Los Osos High School||Joshua Kirk|
|Montclair High School||Alice Cornejo|
|Ontario High School||Tanya Berumen|
|Rancho Cucamonga High School||Concetta Aguilera|
|Valley View High School||Adrienne Pacheco|
High School Dual Enrollment Application Process
Dual Enrollment Information Sessions
Dual Enrollment Fall Classes
GPS Centers In-Person Hours
Welcome Webinar Summer & Fall 2023