Chaffey College Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment and High School Partnership-
Students can start their college journey while in high school by attending Chaffey College courses. This means you are enrolled as BOTH a college student and a high school student at the same time.
Chaffey College offers two programs:
- High School Partnership (HSP)
- Free tuition, books, and fees
- Limited course offerings (approximately 30 courses)
- Chaffey College registers students for courses after counselor approval
- Dual Enrollment (non-HSP)
- Free tuition, students pay for books and fees
- More catalog courses offerings on the Chaffey College campus or online
- Students register for courses on their own after counselor approval
For both options, students will complete an enrollment form with their high school counselor.
Benefits of taking Chaffey College Courses
- Tuition is free.
- Students can earn high school and college credit at the same time.
(1 college unit = 2.5 high school credits in the Chaffey Joint Union HIgh School District)
- Honors points are added to a student’s gpa by the UC/CSU when applying.
- Less time is required after high school to finish a college degree.
- Taking college courses in high school demonstrates readiness for college curriculum, similar to the Advanced Placement (AP) program.
- Research shows that dual enrollment students are more likely to graduate from high school and go on to earn a college degree.
- Grades earned become part of the student’s permanent college transcript.
- Students may explore fields of study that help them choose a major or career path.
- Students may choose from classes not currently available at their high school.
Eligibility and Restrictions
To be eligible for dual enrollment, students must:
- be in the 9th through 12th grade;
- enroll in up to 11 units for Fall and Spring and 6 units in Summer.
- Please Note: Students who choose to register for 12 or more units will be responsible for payment of all tuition, books, and fees.
Ready to take a Chaffey College Class?
The first step is to apply to get your Chaffey College ID.
Apply for student ID number at:
- Create a CCC account.
- Sign into CCC account and apply to Chaffey College.
- Within 72 hrs. of applying (3 business days) you will receive an email with your Chaffey College student ID number.
When you have received your 7-digit Chaffey College ID number, set up an appointment to meet with your counselor to discuss courses and complete the enrollment form.
Chaffey College Liaisons
For more information, please contact the counselor liaison at your high school.
|Alta Loma High School||Jacy Carbone|
|Chaffey High School||Jose Rangel|
|Chaffey District Online High School||Adrienne Pacheco|
|Colony High School||Marco Annecchini|
|Etiwanda High School||Cris Parker|
|Los Osos High School||Cynthia Deiner|
|Montclair High School||Alice Cornejo|
|Ontario High School||Tanya Berumen|
|Rancho Cucamonga High School||Concetta Aguilera|
|Valley View High School||Adrienne Pacheco|