Dear CJUHSD Community:
The District is committed to provide a safe experience while students are at school. The guidelines for quarantine and isolation have been recently changed by the CDC and the California Department of Public Health. Our school safety protocols are in alignment with guidance from public health experts and must be followed:
- Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth while inside (no exceptions). Masks are available at all school sites for all students and staff.
- Students should stay home if they are experiencing symptoms, such as: fever, cough, sore throat, etc. Students, if you have to stay home – keep up with your class assignments and communicate with your teachers and staff.
- If a student or staff member tests positive or must stay home due to close contact or symptoms, please contact the school. Students should report their situation to the Guidance Office and staff should report to their principal or assistant principal.
- COVID Antigen Home test kits will be distributed to students Thursday, January 13th at all school sites for any student who would like one. These kits are for use at home and are not to be opened at school.
4 FREE AT-HOME COVID-19 TEST KITS
The government will mail 4 free at-home COVID-19 test kits to your home upon request. This is in addition to the test kit provided to your student by the District. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order these 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days.
You can order tests by clicking the following link or scanning the QR code: https://www.covidtests.gov/
COVID-19 TESTING RESOURCES
CJUHSD schools have received COVID-19 rapid antigen tests from the California Department of Public Health for student use at home. Please watch for information from your school site regarding details on how to retrieve these kits. Each testing kit contains two individual tests that are meant to assist you with quickly determining if your student may have COVID. If you prefer for your student not to pick up a testing kit, please notify your school site. Please read and follow the included instructions and share any positive results directly with your school. Testing kits will be held for any students who will not be in attendance during pick up times. If necessary, you may contact the school to coordinate pick up on behalf of your student.
iHealth Home Test Quick Start Guide
CJUHSD REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR FAMILIES
COMMUNICATION PROCESS IN THE EVENT OF POSITIVE CASES
Posted January 19, 2022
Updates Regarding Contact Tracing and Isolation/Quarantine Guidelines
Chaffey District Staff and Students,
The District’s COVID-19 practices are aligned with the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, California Department of Public Health, and the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health. This notice will address recent updates regarding contact tracing and isolation/quarantine protocols.
The California Department of Public Health has now implemented the Group-Tracing Approach following COVID-19 exposure. Using this method, the District will be implementing a quicker and broader response made more effective through prompt notification, testing, and isolation protocols. When school/District officials are notified an individual is on campus during the infectious period, staff will notify every group of people (staff and students) who may have shared indoor airspace with that individual for more than 15 cumulative minutes within a 24-hour time period and recommend they take a COVID-19 test within 3-5 days of exposure. Typically, this will involve notification of entire classes, teams, or other groups who meet this criteria, which will result in a transparent way to provide information to more people, allowing them to make better-informed decisions regarding their exposure while also maintaining confidentiality.
Staff who are believed to be exposed will receive an email notification while students and parents will receive an automated phone call and an email notification. Samples of these notifications are posted on the school and District websites.
Isolation and Quarantine Changes
Recent updates have also changed the quarantine/isolation period to a minimum of five (5) days in the instances below. These guidelines are for students and staff.
Individuals who have tested Positive for COVID-19 must isolate from others for at least five days from the onset of their symptoms. If symptoms are not present or are resolving, these individuals may return to school/work after five days without a doctor’s note but must wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of ten (10) days, especially in indoor settings. It is recommended, but not required, these individuals also receive a Negative result from an antigen test taken on Day 5.
- Individuals not fully vaccinated who have been identified as a close contact with COVID-19 must quarantine for at least five (5) days from their last exposure. Asymptomatic individuals in this scenario may return to school/work with a Negative COVID-19 test result on Day 5 or later but must wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of ten (10) days, especially in indoor settings. (Note: The five-day quarantine period for individuals who have continued exposure/daily close contact with a family member who received a Positive COVID-19 test result does not begin until the family member has completed the isolation period.)
- Asymptomatic individuals who are fully vaccinated are not required to quarantine if they are identified as a close contact. These individuals should test on Day 5 of their exposure and wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of ten (10) days, especially in indoor settings. (It is recommended, but not required at this time, eligible individuals receive a booster to update their vaccination and obtain maximum protection from the virus and severe illness.)
Individuals who are experiencing COVID-like symptoms may return to school/work if their symptoms subside and with one of the following:
- Negative COVID-19 test
- Alternative diagnosis from a doctor
- 10-day quarantine
All schools in the Chaffey District offer free COVID-19 testing for all students and staff twice each week. We also accept the results of off-campus tests, including self-tests.
SCHOOL SAFETY AND MITIGATION STRATEGIES
CJUHSD schools continue to implement health and safety guidelines to help prevent and limit the spread of COVID-19 on our campuses. Mitigation strategies include:
Universal Masking: Students, staff and visitors are required to wear face coverings while indoors on school campuses.
Free Testing: Free COVID-19 testing is available for students and staff on campus.
Ventilation: School HVAC systems have been recalibrated to pull in more fresh air and equipped with bipolar ionization generators to purify the air.
Cleaning and Disinfecting: Custodial staff continue to implement COVID-19 cleaning and disinfecting procedures and are following related protocols to deep clean, sanitize and disinfect sites.
Proper Wearing of a Particulate Respirator
|District Office, M&O, Transportation, Warehouse||N/A||N/A||
CJUHSD COVID-19 Survey Results Summary
School Reopening & Safety Plan
2021 Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity Plan
Guide to Respiratory Protection at Work