Management Job Openings
Management Job Opening
Personnel Office, 211 West Fifth Street, Ontario, Aa 91762 (909) 988-8511
Open to current employees and outside applicants. Outside Applicants must apply through www.edjoin.org
#2022-23-M02 (Extended) April 22, 2022
Director of Benefits
Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel, perform a full range of responsible, varied and complex functions associated with overseeing the District’s employee benefit (current employees and eligible retirees) and workers’ compensation programs. Serve as the District’s liaison with insurance carriers, legal counsel, physicians, management, personnel, claims administrators, Third Party Administrators (TPA), and Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
Education equivalent to BA degree or any combination of responsible experience in administrative or supervisory position may be substituted for the required education on a year to year basis; three years experience in the benefits and workers’ compensation environment.
Methods and procedures of legal writing; District organization, operations, and objectives; applicable sections of State Education Code and other Federal, State, and County laws, District policies, rules and regulations; modern office practices and equipment including but not limited to District computer applications.
Exercise judgment in relieving the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel of administrative detail within a defined scope of established responsibilities; analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; read, interpret, apply and explain District rules, regulations, policies, procedures and objectives; organize complex material and summarize discussions and actions taken in report form; compile and prepare comprehensive reports concerning a broad spectrum of subject matter; compose effective correspondence independently; train and supervise personnel; operate office equipment and current computer software; maintain a variety of complex and confidential files and records; key, and make computations accurately; maintain records and prepare reports; plan and organize and proofread work of others; meet schedules and timelines; work independently; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others using tact, patience, and courtesy; work with discretion and maintain confidentiality; exhibit punctuality.
Areas of Supervision:
Personnel Technician-Benefits; Receptionist
Essential & Representative Responsibilities:
- Supervises and trains assigned personnel as directed by the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel.
- Performs administrative/technical work for the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel as required.
- Assist in monitoring District litigation case management program, to include legal/attorney coordination. Maintains accurate and complete confidential files and records.
- Provides information and advises employees on benefit insurance eligibility. Maintains required liaison between District and insurance carriers and claims administrators for benefits and Workers’ Compensation.
- Process accident reports with appropriate District departments, insurance carriers, and governmental agencies, monitor all claim activity.
- Determine necessity of Interactive Accommodation meetings.
- Coordinates COBRA in compliance with federal guidelines; notify COBRA participants of applicable rates and changes in benefit plans; make related calculations, directs notification to COBRA TPA.
- Prepare reports for general insurance principles and practices as related to injury or illness. Coordinates claims reporting with the District’s TPA.
- Complies with applicable state, local, and federal rules, regulations, and laws as well as District policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with classified and certificated employees, administrators, co-workers, industry representatives and the general public.
- Verifies and analyzes, reports and posts eligibility for employee and retiree benefits including Medicare. Conducts new employee orientations.
- Prepare, calculate annual benefit cost based on renewal rates.
- Performs other essential job-related work as required.
Indoor/outdoor environment; subject to constant interruptions; may be exposed to communicable disease and anti-social behavior; prolonged periods at a computer terminal.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate modern office equipment; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; bending at waist, kneeling or crouching; seeing to read a variety of materials; hearing and speaking to exchange information; reaching overhead, above shoulders and horizontally; ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Range O; $97,748 - $117,023 (3 Steps)
July 1, 2022
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications for the position are to submit:
- Application: The District Management Application form is on SharePoint under Personnel/Shared Documents/Application Forms.
- An up-to-date resume.
- 3 Letters of recommendation.
Send packet in c/o of:
Kern Oduro, Ph.D.
Assistant Superintendent, Personnel
Chaffey Joint Union High School District
211 West Fifth Street
Ontario, CA 91762
Deadline for receipt of applications in the personnel office is May 10, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.